At what age can I search/contact my child?

posted in: FAQ | 0

In all Australian states the child must be over 18 years of age. If the adoption occurred in Victoria you cannot obtain identifying information, however the government can search and contact on your behalf.

For additional information click here and follow the links.

For the UK click here, for New Zealand click here. For other countries you will have to contact the relevant country. A starting point would be to contact their consul.