Can I obtain information about a child my mother/father relinquished?

posted in: FAQ | 0

WA – Siblings have been able to apply for identifying information about a sibling that a parent relinquished since 2012 by applying to DCPFS. You can also put your name on our contact register. If your parent doesn’t support your interest we do suggest that you talk to our counsellor about some of the issues that may arise.
If the parent is deceased, you can apply to Department of Child Protection and Family Services (DCPFS) for identifying information, you will need a copy of the death certificate. Contact DCPFS directly or click here, fill out your details and we will forward the relevant DCPFS form to you.

For other states/countries click here, follow the links and contact the relevant government agency.